Why I suspended presidentialambition, by Tambuwal
Source: Business Day
Aminu Tambuwal, speaker, House of
Representatives, Tuesday, formally announced his
withdrawal from the presidential race on the
platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Tambuwal in a statement titled, ‘My political
future’, issued on Tuesday lamented the scourge
of poverty across the country during his
consultation across 300 federal constituencies of
the federation.
He said: “I have decided to suspend my
participation in the presidential contest for now. I
have done so as a sacrifice for the cohesion and
unity of the APC.
“I am suspending my participation in the
presidential race for now because I do not have
any inordinate ambition to occupy any office.
Nigeria is a country too great to sacrifice on the
altar of partisan politics and personal ambition.
“What any one becomes in life is exclusively in the
hands of God. Only God gives power to whoever
he pleases.”
Tambuwal said he came into the APC to enhance
and build, and that in the interest of Nigeria and
of the APC, and indeed, in the overriding national
interest, he was withdrawing from the presidential
race.
He added, “It has not been easy coming to this
decision and I very well understand the ?!
Loopfrustration, disappointment and disbelief of
many who have committed so much to the
project, including sacrificing not only their
physical, financial and intellectual resources but
indeed their personal ambitions in the 2015
electoral contest.”
On his political future, Tambuwal said: “On my
part and with the greatest sense of modesty and
responsibility, I wish to assure Nigerians that I
am fully prepared, ready, willing, determined,
available and armed with the requisite plans,
programmes and ability, to undertake the great
mission of rescuing our dear country from the
clutches of institutionalised corruption, gross
incompetence, greed and divisiveness. More
later….
0 comments:
Post a Comment
Please Feel free to Comment